Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The start of 2008

Today is the start of 2008. Angel was on my pillow beside my head when I was awake and he tried to lick and chew my hair. Haha. I had to stop him. Then it was a light breakfast while I flipped through the Straits Times. I joined Mom downstairs to feed the cats for 30 mins before I rushed home for a shower and went out to meet Fion to have lunch with our Vietnamese friend, H who is in Singapore this week.

We had ramen ($15) and dumplings ($5) at Maratuma Ramen at Central, Clarke Quay. There are not many items on the menu but the ramen and soup are well cooked and not overly salty. The dumplings are quite satisfying too. However, I don't think I will visit it again anytime soon.

After seeing H check out of her hotel and leaving with her friend, Fion and I had some dessert and drinks at TCC nearby before going home. It was nice to spend time with a friend who has known me and worked with me for the past 6 years.

After all the feasting, I enjoyed a simple dinner of fish, steamed egg and veggie soup with my family tonight. Then Mom and I went out to feed the community cats and a few other unsterilised cats (Bobby, Oreo. Monster and Pearl). Buffy has not appeared for the past few days and we hope someone nice has adopted her. I'm targeting to trap and sterilise the cats this Fri and the next few weeks. Poor White Cat appeared with a limp on his right hind leg. We will monitor and see if he will recover over the next few days.

Back home, I refilled the containers of cat food for Mom to feed the cats tomorrow morning. While Mom was cleaning up the hamsters' houses, I put 2 of them into the balls for them to run around the balcony. The past few weeks, we had been watching this Korean drama series "Witch Youxi" on Ch U. It was quite funny. I seldom get hooked on TV shows but this one and another one (started last night) are interesting and make me laugh.

Year 2008 is not going to be very much different from last year. Helping the community cats will continue to be a priority. I can't imagine my life without them and they have in some ways made me who I am today. I also look forward to more happy days with family (including Angel and the hamsters) and good friends and also find time to learn new things. Hee. It seems like it will be a busy and fruitful year ahead :)

No comments: