Sunday, January 13, 2008

Abandoned pet cats turn community cats


Poor Pearl has been abandoned by an irresponsible owner. When we walked to a block near the park to feed 3 cats, Pearl would run out to greet us and we would feed her with food. As she is a female, I had to sterilise her urgently. Now she sports a left tipped ear. However we think it's a pity to release her back to the void deck as after taking care of her at home for the past week, we find her friendly and will make a nice companion.


We have to separate Pearl from Angel, so Pearl stays in the balcony and we let her out at times when we can supervise her movement around the house. It also means I have to wake up at 5plus am on weekdays to catch Dad before he leaves the house for work, so that Pearl won't follow Dad out of the house (which she hasn't shown any interest so far) or sneak out of the balcony into the rest of the house. I also will stroke her and give her about 15mins of my attention before I go back to sleep and wake up before 7am again to prepare for work.

As usual, Angel doesn't seem to like another cat at home and would hiss at her and Dad doesn't like the idea of another cat too. I have prepared an ad of her to be posted on Cat Welfare Society's online adoption board to find her a good home.



Another abandoned pet cat, Oreo is an older male cat. He is very talkative and his meows are very loud. At first I thought he was in some kind of pain or calling out for a mate. But his loud meowing still continues after sterilisation, so I suspect he wants human attention since he used to be a home cat. I couldn't keep him at home due to his noisiness, so he was released back to the park. For the past week, I have to sayang him for more than 15mins and let him push his head into my hand and rub his body against me before he would settle down to eating his food and when I try to leave, he would meow loudly. Poor Oreo. I'm thinking of cleaning him up, getting him vaccinated and boarded somewhere after I manage to adopt out Pearl.

I like this photo of Oreo. He looks so adorable and also a bit mad. Hee.


I find it funny that Oreo rests with his 2 legs sticking out sometimes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

pearl reminds me of nimby, esp the tail. Oreo is really very cute too, reminds me of a raggamuffin.

horus said...

Maybe oreo was abandoned cos of his noisiness? Reading about pearl & oreo, i pity these abandoned cats. They will be such easy targets for bullies, especially since they're friendlier. sigh...

hope your resident gardener won't start to target oreo too! :(

lingcat said...

When I am fostering cats, I've got disruptive sleep too. My cats will attack the newbies and cause disruption to the household and neighbours. Hence I will jump out of bed immediately when I hear the fight.

Good luck with Pearl!

Anonymous said...

wish i was at home for longer hours, then i could think about having a pet. these 2 are just so darn cute.