Sunday, July 29, 2007

Feeding cats responsibly


When I feed our community cats, I will serve the dry cat food and water on plates.


Some people would sprinkle the floor with dry cat food or leave left over food on newspaper and they don't clear them after the cats stop eating them. This is littering. If I see the food left unattended, I would try to clear them as I don't want the cats to be blamed for the irresponsible acts of such people. They think they are being kind. They are not. The problem is such feeders do not feed openly as me and my mum. They are ghost feeders - they just leave the food on the floor and leave. If I ever bump into them, I will nicely give them a piece of my mind.

This morning, I also had to use newspaper to remove a big pile of dog poo on the footpath in the park. It was dog poo as cats do their business (big and small) in the soil part of grass patches and bury their poo. This is not the first time that some irresponsible dog owners walk their dogs and not remove their poo. I remove them as I don't want the cats to be blamed too.

No comments: