Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Swimming therapy

Last Wed when I went swimming with my good friend, Fion after work, I have aged at 28 years old. I felt breathless when I tried to swim and sprint for the 1st few laps. It's probably because I have been falling sick the past few months and I haven't been exercising. But after some warm-up I felt better. We rewarded ourselves with a bowl of prawn and pork bee hoon soup @ Adam Road Hawker Centre after that. We also decided to make swimming (or in future jogging or tennis) a Wed affair.

Today we swam again and this time I could manage about 4 laps at one go without feeling breathless. After almost 20 laps, I was satisfied. Today's dinner was a healthy bowl of sliced fish mee swa soup and carrot orange juice. Fion and I shared a cab back together and the cab driver was very friendly and rather chatty. It's not often that I can find a cab driver who's nice and friendly, so I didn't mind engaging in some conversation with him. Poor him only had his last meal (a slice of bread) at 3pm and we were his last customers before his dinner.

After I got off the cab with the driver's reminder for me to be careful on the way home, I went to the park in search of the community cats. I only found White Neck who gave me a friendly meow and came out of his hiding place to let me rub his head and neck. Bush appeared from the bushes but didn't approach me and walk away.

Now I feel relaxed and looking forward to a good night's sleep :)

No comments: