Monday, July 03, 2006

The weekend that has started me thinking

Since Fri, I have visited 3 friends @ their homes. Our conversation would touch on our continued thirst of wanting to take up a new skill or hobby. One friend who is a JC teacher has tried learning to play the keyboard, jewelry making, etc. She also shared that 2 ex-colleagues have quitted teaching to pursue a fashion design course and baking course. I always feel happy for people who discover what they want to do with their lives and dare to pursue their dreams.

Agatha is taking up pop piano on top of taking care of her baby Tin Hang. It sounds interesting to me as the teacher is teaching her to use her voice as the melody to accompany the chords played on the piano. My piano skills are quite lousy but should I consider to take up piano again, I would consider learning pop piano instead of classical piano again.

Joan asked if I want to take up taiji again or some sports. What are my interests? Sewing, baking, batik painting and pottery, etc all sound interesting to me. Driving seems like a good skill to pick up too. I have passed my basic theory test about 6 years ago but have not gotten beyond that. I'm still thinking and probably will only decide what I want to learn after my trip to Japan in August :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh!! think more! it's always nice to pick up a hobby and know more about it!