Thursday, July 13, 2006

Swimming and cat massages

After all the dreaming and planning, I finally went swimming with my friend after work today. Yesterday I sacrificed my lunch yoga session to meet my 2 friends/ex-colleagues for lunch @ Sun with Moon Japanese Restaurant @ Wheelock Place. This afternoon lunch was with my 2 colleagues @ a chicken rice stall @ Novena.

So when I hit the swimming pool in Bishan, I tried to swim more than 10 laps non-stop plus we had to walk for about 5 mins from my friend's flat to the swimming complex and another 5 mins from the pool back to her flat and another 5 mins after dinner from her flat to the bus stop where I took a bus home.

Nowadays when I couldn't join mum to feed the cats before 10pm, I would still drop by the park to see if any of the community cats are around for me to say my hellos and give them hugs and massages. Just now after 10pm, I found White Neck resting @ the pavillion and he greeted me by rubbing himself against my pants and feet. So sweet. He allowed me to touch him for a longer duration and didn't attempt to swipe me with his paws. Fat Cat also came out of hiding from the bushes and immediately went flat on the ground to indicate his readiness for a body massage.

When I walked near the carpark at my block, Noisy ran out of the truck that he was hiding under and meowed loudly. I gave him a massage slightly harder than usual and he seemed to like it and did some form of growl that demanded for more massages. He also looked at me differently and kept lifting up his head, exposing his neck and pushing his mouth into my right palm. Usually I will just use my right hand to touch the cats, so that my left hand is clean to scratch my face, take out a tissue from my bag. But on some occasions both hands are activated to give the cats hugs or more powerful massage :)

No comments: