Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Making plans

During lunch, one of my friends was talking about setting a tentative goal to find her passion by Apr 2013 and we had a funny conversation about what she could do. Last night, a friend was also advising me to plan well and follow my heart.  I have been thinking what kind of work (1) I would like to do, (2) can also feed me and the cats and (3) doesn't take too much time away from my family, cats and friends. Haha, that sounds like a tall order.

Or
 I could continue to stay in my current job and explore my interests like sewing, pop piano, Japanese, drawing, baking, etc. I'm trying to see if I can just learn or practise on my own as commiting to regular lessons can be a bit tough at times. Sometimes, without structured lessons, I lack discipline too. For example, I've not been blogging in Japanese and revising. I've not touched my piano for more than a year. I've borrowed a pattern drafting book for almost 3 weeks and hardly touched it and have to renew it. Baking is the only thing I try to do when I am free. I really need to start planning and keep to it! 

No comments: