Saturday, May 14, 2011

2 May (Mon) - Day 4 in Hong Kong

The original plan was to have a hearty breakfast at Oliver's Super Sandwich at Olympic City but it was packed. We bought buns to eat instead and took the MTR to Tung Chung for CityGate, a shopping mall of factory outlets of various brands.

I had high hopes of getting clothes and shoes from the trip but I only managed to get a knit top from Mango Factory outlet. Oh well, I knew then that I should just buy whatever I like back home. Lunch was at Pacific Coffee Cafe. I didn't enjoy my greasy veggie quiche. Sis found her ham one nice. Luckily the organic mint tea was a saver.


We took the MTR to Yau Ma Tei as I remembered reading about some shops/malls selling Blythe dolls and collectibles. Since Sis and I were keen to explore the usual shopping malls, we thought it would be fun to visit the toy shops :)

I relied on this map from this link and after referring to the location map at the Yau Ma Tei MTR Station, we found Sino Centre and saw a nearby building with a "Trendy Zone" signage and checked it out. Sis got herself a cat soft toy, Jiji the black cat from Kiki's Delivery Service (the Studio Ghibli anime by Hayao Miyazaki), another Jiji toy for her friend and a Miffy the rabbit toy for another friend.

We walked over to CTMA Centre, just round the corner of the building. The basement shops sell toy figurines - a few do sell Blythe dolls, Pullip and Dal dolls. We were quite excited to see one shop with more Blythe dolls - Neo and Petite and we just stood there, admiring them. There are 2 shops who displays customised Blythe dolls at their shop front but a pity they were closed that day (a Monday), so I took some photos instead using my iPhone (less obvious :) ).

The display of the first shop which was closed


The display of the second shop


There are also shops selling trendy clothes and accessories but we didn't see anything that we like.

From my earlier Google research, I have also read about this Kubrick Cafe with good reviews. It is about 10-15 mins' walk away from Yau Ma Tei Station in another direction, near Temple Market and housed in Broadway Cinematique. It is a gem as we love the food and atmosphere of the cafe. It was already crowded even at 5ish pm and we had to hover around the bookshop area before we got an empty table.


I ordered Roast Chicken Pineapple Salad and Pink lady tea (rose, lemongrass) while Sis got Smoked Salmon Spaghetti and hot lemon tea. I liked the presentation of the food and tea. We took many photos before we started eating and drinking. haha.


Sis' hot lemon tea


My Pink Lady tea


More ogling of our food :)


The exterior of Kubrick Cafe


As we would be leaving HK the next day afternoon, we decided to buy some dessert (stewed egg for me and guilinggao for sis) from 许留山 and strawberries in Causeway Bay on the way back to the hotel.

We had some fun with our toys before eating our desserts :) It was a good thing that we did so, as the desserts weren't very nice but the strawberries were sweet.

From left: Coby my new cat toy, Pink Magic, Miffy (for sis' friend), Jiji (with red ears is Sis' and gray ears is her friend's), Tomi the cute cat toy (next to the silver cup is Sis')

The disappointing desserts and sweet strawberries


I like the sepia look :) The hotel room chair and the silver cup were really useful during the photo shoot.

No comments: