Saturday, May 14, 2011

1 May (Sun) - Day 3 in Hong Kong

Breakfast was at Tsui Wah Restaurant somewhere in Causeway Bay. Sis had porkchop bun and hot milk tea (yit lai cha in Cantonese) while I ate polo bun and hot lemon tea (yit leng cha).


Sis is a fan of H&M, so we went to Lan Kwai Fong to look for the store. It was quite hot while we combed the streets and went up to Soho. After we caught sight of H&M, we gave ourselves a treat of cold Gongcha tea before entering the store.


I was quite disappointed that I didn't manage to get anything while sis got 3 items only. I had a full bladder so we had to look for a toilet. Strangely, the toilets are only in the restaurants and we also didn't think about settling in one of them to get access to their toilet. I joked about the people in Hong Kong being supreme masters of their bladders as we watched an episode of The Big Bang Theory where Sheldon said a few times "I'm the master of my bladder". Half an hour later, I was relieved to be in the queue at the restroom at the basement of Sogo in Causeway. For the rest of the trip, I had to keop a look out for toilets and monitor my water intake. Haha.

After getting rid of my burden, we happily explored Island Beverly (across the road from Sogo), a shopping mall featuring several shops offering trendy fashion. I got myself a 3-in-1 black bag and a scarf, while sis bought 2 tops from the same shop. Even the paper bag was cute with a cat cartoon, so I kept the paper bag and brought it home :)


Laforet is another shopping concept similar to Island Beverly. There are interesting shops but we didn't get anything.

For dinner, we went to Japanese Dining Sun Restaurant at Time Square and ordered some dishes to share. The salmon was a disappointment - too salty. Sis didn't quite fancy the stir fried organic veggie and the potato croquettes but she liked the rice paper salmon avocado I picked. The natto maki I got wasn't great too. I had fun taking photos though :)

1 comment:

Agy said...

Yes, public toilets are a rarity. I don't know how I managed when I lived in HK. :-p