Monday, June 26, 2006

Connection & friendship

This weekend got me thinking about friendship, the friends I have known for many years and the friends I have made recently.

Last evening, I had dinner with Sis, her good friend, P and her boyfriend, S and the good friend of S, G. The agenda was to introduce me to G whom S feels is a nice guy. However, after the dinner, sipping tea and coffee and going for late karaoke together as a group, I find that I don't have much to talk about to G and there is no connection.

I'm not sure if you have experienced the same things. Sometimes, you can meet a person for the first time but after talking for a while, you find some common interest(s) and you and the person can talk and connect. That can become a basis of friendship and if you make the effort to keep in touch with the person, you have found yourself a friend.

Today, I had lunch with Kuro.Shiro.Neko and a nice couple, Michael and Winnie. I have only known them for less than a year and less than 6 months respectively but we have lots to talk about and share. From cats, work to parts of our lives.

Earlier, I met my good friend, Yang Ling whom I have known since secondary 1 in 1991. I accompanied her to pass some food and drinks to her hubby at his workplace before we went to have dinner together. We updated each other about our life, recent events, etc. Although we have met more than a week ago, we have no lack of things to talk about.

When mum and I went down to feed the cats @ the park earlier, I would always try to give all the cats a pet or a massage after they finish eating. Bush, the new cat surprised me when he placed his 2 front paws and started to knead my left thigh. I sat on my slippers to feel more comfortable and Bush hopped onto my thighs and happily continued with more kneading. I had only seen Kuro.Shiro.Neko's cat kneading her tummy and it was my first time experiencing a cat's kneading. It was a strange and nice experience.

I just read here that Bush may be associating the comfort and happiness that he gets from me with happy memories with his mother". Haha. So I'm like a mother figure to Bush :)

5 comments:

kuro.shiro.neko said...

bush looks like a very nice cat... how nice if he can go to a good home... michael and winnie??

Anonymous said...

yes, it does seem like he has good rehoming potential. :) cute with a sweet personality and quite young...

Anonymous said...

Hello

It was good to meet up for lunch. We enjoyed ourselves very much. Always good to have great company!

Bush is a cutie, but wasn't there a suspicion that he had an owner? Or is he another of those school holiday abandonees?

We have 2 abandonees in our block who we will probably have to take in. We wish we could help, but these 2 would have to take priority. Sorry :o(

Berry used to knead us. Once I was sick and lying in bed, and Berry snucked into the bedroom with a very concerned look on his face (according to W who was watching him), hopped onto the bed and kneaded my stomach. I thought he was attacking me. Like yourself, I had to look up on the internet to find out why he did that.

Two days ago this community tom kneaded W's thigh, but he got so excited, he put 2 nasty puncture wounds in it. He looked so happy kneading, W felt bad she had to stop him.

Cheers

mw

coboypb said...

Bush seems happy to see us every time. He would gobble down the food and sometimes will settle on my feet and let me stroke him or go for a short walk before coming back again.

Anonymous said...

Yes, kneading is a kitten-like behaviour. Its what kittens do to stimulate their mother when they are suckling. Osiris does it to me and on top of that, he also licks me. I end up having a wet patch on my shirt!

Sometimes Mr O doesn't mind licking my chest too. He'll be happily licking, kneading and purring. Feels very nice and can fall asleep too.

Maybe if Mr O likes you enough, he'll do that to you one day when you see him? :)