Thursday, March 16, 2006

Releasing White Neck back to the park

Mum and I went down to the park with White Neck in the carrier around 10pm last night. Our upstair neighbour, a lady carrying a pet schnauzer wascurious when she met us going down in the lift. We briefly explained to herwe sent White Neck for sterilisation and was going to release him back tothe park.

We found a quiet corner in the park and I opened the carrier door. I remembered the pet taxi guy's advice not to give White Neck too much food but more water as he may vomit. But White Neck behaved like he hadn't been eating for a long time. He finished the small can of cat food and still begged for more. When he approached Fat Cat, Fat Cat went growling at him and we quickly separated them. Mum fed him some dry cat food and it seemed like White Neck was still hungry. I cleaned White Neck's body and tail with some wet tissues as he was damp and stank a little of either vomit or urine.

After all the eating, White Neck proceed to lick himself. Then he rested on his side and allow me to stroke him. His tail was moving and he changed positions a few times. He looked so restful with his eyes slightly closed. Then his tail stopped moving and his breathing slowed, I gently nudged him, There was no reaction. His body felt heavy. I panicked a little and asked Mum if there was something wrong with White Neck or he had overate. Just as when we thought he was dying, Mum lifted White Neck's head up a little and he woke up. I really got a shock and was happy that he was alright. Mum said he must be feeling very tired and relaxed after my massage and fell into deep sleep.

White Neck started sniffing the ground for food again. Then he approached Fat Cat who growled @ him. I quickly carried White Neck away. He became more alert and walked to the edge of the park.

No comments: