Saturday, February 09, 2008

Catching up

Chinese New Year is the time to catch up with relatives I haven't been seeing recently or only see once a year. Being down at the start of the holiday has also made me lose about 2 days of eating goodies, half day of packing my room. But then again, we do not have many relatives to visit and we have been visiting them in the evenings after Dad finishes with his cab job in the day, so in the day, I could munch a little on the goodies and also tidy up my room since no relatives visit us :)

We also don't stay out too late, as mom and I will need to feed the community cats. The past few nights, we have been feeding them later at around 9.30pm instead of 7.30/8pm and it takes us about an hour or so to feed about 14 cats at 4 locations near our home.

Tonight we'll be having dinner with our aunties and our cousins (on Mom's side). We are quite close to them - parents will meet them weekly for morning exercise and sometimes we would have makan sessions together when one of the 2 aunties give us a treat. Dad has asked me to look for a suitable hotel restaurant for a afternoon tea/buffet on 24 Feb or 2 Mar, so that he can give Aunties and families a treat too. It's good that we make effort to keep in touch with relatives who matters to us instead of sticking to visiting during Chinese New Year.

No comments: