Monday, November 20, 2006

Day off

Today Joan and I felt like tai-tais. I had to take my day off in lieu of Deepavali as today is the last day to claim it or I would have to forfeit it and Joan was free to join me. We first had breakfast @ Killiney Kopitiam @ Siglap for kaya toast and eggs before she had hair treatment while I had some brown copper highlighted streaks and hair cut. Then we headed to Gramophone @ Peninsula. I was browsing through the cds but I didn't buy anything. Joan got a few cds. @ 3pm, we went for pedicure nearby. We felt so pampered :) @ 4plus, we went to the basement of Raffles City to have late lunch @ Din Tang Feng. I didn't think much of that place previously as I thought the xiao long bao has a strong porky smell but today they tasted alright and we also had hot and sour soup, some veggie appetiser, pork chop noodle. Before going home, we went to the upper level of Raffles City to have tea and coffee and some pralines while it started to rain outside.

It is nice to catch up with Joan. We always have a lot to talk about and she always has interesting stories to tell me and make me laugh. She also makes me feel good about myself and inspires me to try new things but whether I follow up on that inspiration is another matter.

An hour or so of the evening was feeding Noisy at one corner of the void deck of our block and in the park with the other community cats in the park with mum. Then back home it was to help mum with cleaning the hamsters' home and also carrying Pip and Peanut out for a short while on my hands and let them take a short walk on the sofa or on my tummy and legs.

Tomorrow will be another busy day @ work but I'm happy I have spent today with my dear friend, my mum and my furry friends :)

No comments: