Thursday, April 13, 2006

The start of my long weekend

I haven't been long-winded in my recent blog entries. However, as my home pc's usb ports are down, I couldn't upload my photos and do "a picture paints a thousand words" blog entry.

I took leave today as I had a free health screening from my Prudential insurance. From 8.30 to 10am, I was stuck @ Raffles Medical Clinic @ Compass Point. The nice female doc had to draw my blood from the big vein on my right hands instead the normal spot at the folds of my arms. It was more painful but I'm alright with it and the doc and I could talk about Hep A and its symptoms while she was drawing blood.

It was my first time, eating the Crossiantwich breakfast set @ Burgerking. I don't quite like the cream smell from the crossiant but otherwise, the breakfast (with hot tea and mini round harshbrowns) was satisfying as I was famished. I couldn't take my breakfast as I had to fast for the blood test. With a full stomach, I tried on shoes and clothes @ Metro and clothes @ U2 to replenish my work and play clothes. I spent about $300 on 6 tops, 2 cargo pants and a pair of shoes :>

Next Mon, I will be taking my birthday leave (a benefit from my company). My birthday falls on 21 Apr but as I will need to help with some meeting preparations that day, I chose to take it earlier. I shall see if I have time to bake, read and iron my mountain of clothes during the time when I'm home.

No comments: