Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The end of Chinese New Year celebrations

Yep and I'm still @ home today as I have some time off to clear and chosen today. I thought I could have lunch with a friend and play badminton in the evening with another friend. But too bad I have been down with flu since Mon and I haven't recovered. I feel better this morning but still sniffling without fever. I'm still quite stubborn about seeing a doctor and always try to self-medicate. Sometimes it helps but the last few times, it just worsened and I had no choice but to visit the doctor. Hee.

The past few days away from work and spending more time @ home with family or visiting a few of my relatives seem like a dream at times. Fleeting and at times seem unreal, especially when I was feeling sleepy nursing the flu. It was nice catching up with some of the relatives at my mother's side as they are nice folks. It is strange that we don't visit one another more often but then again after the CNY celebrations, all of us will be busy with our daily lives, work and until someone decides to organise a gathering.

CNY holidays are also a time when we can reflect on our lives since this is the longest public holiday of the year. I have sort of satisfied my desire to do some community work by helping a little with Cat Welfare Society. Mum and I have also been feeding the cats at our nearby small park. I must say Mum is very dedicated as she now visits them in the morning, afternoon and night. I won't miss the night visit and would join Mum in the day visits if I'm free.

Career-wise, I'm still searching for my dream job but right now, I will continue to do my best whatever my bosses ask me to do. Older folks always tell me that I'm lucky to be in my first job and earning a comfortable pay. I agree that I'm fortunate but I will feel happier if I can do something I find meaning in again and step out of the house every morning with a feeling of purpose. Too idealistic perhaps but I have a lifetime to dream and search.

Falling sick also makes me wonder what I should have done better to improve my immunity. I have not been exercising for the past few months. Busy at work is part of the reason and laziness is the other half of the reason. I have signed up for lunch yoga @ my workplace starting next week, every Tues and Fri. Hopefully, this will start my exercise regime.

Now my urgent task is to get well soon, so that I can do whatever I want to do! :>

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a good idea to get exercise in the programme as it sort of re-energises you? I too have been trying

kuro.shiro.neko said...

yoga's really good :)

enjoy!

coboypb said...

yeah, I have tried a few sessions of yoga and pilates a year ago. I got a bit frightened for a while after the teacher made me do fish pose and I puked after that. Haha. Now that I know my limits, I won't do any upside down poses. hee.

JerL said...

Pilates is better... Yoga has spiritual implications at higher levels...

Yup.. I've also been stubbornly refusing to see doc and self-medicate, but my cough still doesn't go away.

Anonymous said...

exercise indeed refreshes. would recommend cardio ones like aerobics or jogging, makes you feel like a new person again!

yea, its hard to wake up and actually look forward to the day. especially if one askes oneself whether if this is the work/day he/she would do if it was his/her last day... i would think many wouldn't choose to do what they are doing now/everyday.. would say that the most important thing is to first find what one exactly wants to do/in life. the rest should come naturally..

just my two cents worth :P