Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

I just watched Brokeback Mountain with sis and her friend, Pris. I was moved by the characters in the show that tears flow down my cheeks many times. The 2 guys from strangers become good friends and lovers on Brokeback Mountain when they were tasked/hired to bring the sheeps up and down the mountain. Beautiful scenery. After that job, they moved on with their lives, got married and became fathers. When they met 4 years later, they were still attracted to each other and continued to meet for short hike/camps. It affected their marriage and because they couldn't go public with their relationship, there were frustration, sadness and confusion. Sis only cried at one scene and Pris found certain scenes funny and draggy. I quite like some long shots which resemble the techniques used by some art films.

I think it's sad when people can't do what they like or dream due to societal expectations, poverty, etc. To me, it doesn't seem wrong for them to love each other but when they hurt the people around them, it becomes a problem and they didn't know how to resolve it and they end up hurting themselves.

Right now I feel emotionally drained after all the tears.

1 comment:

imp said...

that is really a very good film. very beautifully interpreted. nice to be touched by a film sometimes.