Sunday, June 30, 2013

Attempts @ rubber stamping

After reading a few blogs on how to carve a rubber stamp, I visited Art Friend to get a rubber carving block and cheap ink pads. With S' carving knifes, I did some doodling before settling on 2 designs this weekend. Yesterday I did a heart shaped stamp which looks simple but it took me quite a number of carving and trimming until I'm satisfied. My cat stamp is supposed to have distinct triangular shaped nose but I accidentally cut it away. But I think they don't look so bad for my first 2 attempts :)

4 comments:

Flying raisin said...

Cute and nicely done!

Anonymous said...

who is S? :)

Unknown said...

hey may I know how much is the rubber block? Been finding one for long ><

coboypb said...

Hello. I bought the rubber block from an art crafts shop (Art Friend) a few years ago, so I can't remember the price :)