Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Second time in Hanoi

After back from US last Mon, I'm now in Hanoi to attend a meeting with my bosses and colleagues. We arrived around 12.30pm. I was quite happy that I didn't get any headache in US. But earlier, I actually had a dull one. I'm not sure if it was because I was getting hungry or it was rather warm walking around the dusty streets with my colleagues. It could also be due to insufficient sleep last night as I was packing my luggage and clearing some work emails. Luckily I feel better after some welcome dinner and a shower.

I visited Hanoi with a friend in 2005. I remember enjoying the food and art galleries at the Old Quarters, staying in the junk boat at Halong Bay. This afternoon, I felt a bit disappointed by my experience. Perhaps it's because we only explored the area near our hotel and some uninteresting shopping centre (Mustafa is more interesting). Hanoi seems unchanged from 5 years ago.and there are still many motorbikes on the streets.

I am missing home already. Just 3.5 days and I'll be home this Sat evening. :)

No comments: