Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Goodbye, Pebble

Pebble, our pet female Syrian hamster passed away yesterday. She could have been 3 years old or older. We knew her days were numbered when she was losing most of her fur, had soft stools, turned blind and in her last few days, she didn't eat much. Her 2 brothers, Peanut and Poofy are still as active as ever.

Being used/hardened to the passing of more than 30 pet hamsters over the past 16 years, I was still a bit teary-eyed when I held Pebble's hardened cold body in my hands as Mom and I wrapped her in tissue paper and said our goodbyes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

deepest condolences...

though also experienced many lost of my hammies, couldnt help but feel sad when i hold my little bangbang's carcass..

KXBC said...

It's sad when a loved one passes on. But at least it is not suffering anymore.

Nausicaa said...

Sorry to hear about Pebble.

We have such a short time with our hammies...