Saturday, December 08, 2007

Baking Almond cake

I haven't been baking for quite some time. Since I keep today free to make sure Angel is alright after his sterilisation, I thought I might as well try to bake something. I have been wanting to bake the almond cake I tried some time ago.

That time, the cake turned out too rich/oily and sweet. This afternoon, I tweaked the recipe by using less almond powder and sugar and more self raising floor. I also sprinkle the top of the cake with dark choc, choc chip and some cranberries. Instead of using cupcake case, I use the loaf baking tin.

Mom, sis and I like the taste of the cake. Sis found the choc a bit too bitter. As the choc was given by my friend, I don't want to waste it. I think the bitter choc goes well with the sweetness of the cake.

No comments: