Sunday, October 15, 2006

Friendship


I read this article in Straits Time yesterday. A few of her sentences strike a chord in me. This one in particular: "We do not share our deepest secrets with our business associates; we may eat a satisfying burger with an acquaintance but it is with our best friend that we think of sharing with great relish the description of our discovery of something mundane like delicious food." I was telling sis about this article and she asked who my best friend is.

Although some will say my parents and sister don't count, they are kind of like my best friends. Excluding my family, I have a group of close/good friends instead of a particular best friend. I have known 4 of them since Sec 1 for 15 years, two since university days for 9 years, 3 from hamster group list for 7 years. Over the past 6 years through work, I have made some good friends whom we keep in touch through gatherings, lunches, emails and sms. And recently from my volunteer work with Cat Welfare Society, I have met a number of nice people whom I like to keep in touch with.

Friendship is really a wonderful thing. I feel happy when I meet these friends. To catch up, to have a meal together, to do a common activity together. To share our worries and joys. We may be busy with work and other aspects of our life but when we meet a few weeks or a month later, we can connect and continue our sharing and we know if we need any help, we can just call each other.

1 comment:

Nausicaa said...

Just came across this quote: "My best friend is teh one who brings out the best in me". Henry Ford.