Sunday, August 27, 2006

In Otaru, we shared a lavender, milk and melon ice cream and seaweed rice cracker.


We didn't really have a proper lunch. We had some grapes we bought earlier and some drink because we didn't to have too full a stomach before our hot spring experience.

There is a shop selling cat figurines and decorative items.

Some streets away was this stray cat.
kuro.shiro.neko took a video of a nice Jap passerby who offered the cat some fish cake.

It was my first time trying out onsen/hot spring. They have separate facilities for males and females. I felt rather comfortable since every female was in a state of undress like me. We had to scrub ourselves clean using the shower cream and shampoo provided. I should have brought along my hair treatment :) The water temperature in the pool was about 40 degree celsius. It felt really hot at first but after slowly dipping in our feet, then legs and bodies, it was bearable. But I couldn't stay more than 10 mins without feeling light headed.

Of course we couldn't take any photos of the insides of the building, so we had to make do with the outside :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello! not sure if you or travel friend could advise? is tokyo a suitable place to take a 17 mth old baby?

coboypb said...

Hi, there! I have seen many Japanese mothers bringing their young children out. I think Japan is a children friendly place. Do you intend to visit Tokyo in a tour group or on your own?

KXBC said...

I was at that shop selling the cat figurines and decorative items twice. :) They have very nice cat things in there. I think I bought a big zhao chai mao from there.

Anonymous said...

thanks for replying. going on our own. by the way, did you see people using strollers/ prams?

coboypb said...

Hi, anon. I saw strollers :)

Anonymous said...

thanks! read that you're unwell. hang in there! stomach flu is really horrible. Shang(4) Tu(4) Xia(4) Xie(4). Read in forums that there's a very nasty bug flying around.