Monday, February 15, 2010

Vegan cake

I tried this recipe for vegan chocolate cake and tweaked it as I had only a bit of cocoa powder left and mix with instant coffee powder. Mom said Dad likes coffee cake. This cake uses canola oil and white vinegar instead of butter and eggs.


I could only smell coffee when the cake was almost done. It didn't have the usual aroma of butter cakes. The cake texture is also softer, when I ate the cake yesterday, it really tasted healthy. Dad tried a bit and said he didn't know what he was eating. Sis said the cake wasn't sweet enough and she won't eat it again. This morning, Mom ate a piece and said it was not bad. I tried it too and it actually tasted much better. I could taste some sweetness and it helps that I have sprinkled lots of chocolate chips and macadamia nuts on top, so I'll be bringing some for my aunties, uncle and cousins to try later :)

No comments: