Monday, October 27, 2008

Beijing and the cats

I'll be in Beijing tomorrow afternoon to attend a workshop and will be back soon on Wed night. A few friends asked why I didn't extend my trip since it will be my first time in China. Actually I haven't even traveled out of Singapore since Apr last year. It didn't cross my mind to extend especially after Mom and I received bad news from our Town Council officer that he would need to remove Rambo the old community cat due to some complaints. Some residents think Rambo is old and sick and will spread diseases. As the TC officer claimed he can't let me speak to the complainants or they don't want to talk to me, I had to quickly arrange for Rambo to be put at a cattery before the TC culled him.

This afternoon, my family and I visited him and Rambo is not drooling anymore after he responded well to the gingivitis medication. He is also in a cage on his own as he has not been vaccinated. After vaccination, he will be put together with the other cats in a pen. I feel happy to see him safe and looking better. He was vigorously rubbing his head against my familiar hand when I put my hand through the grilles of the cage. I won't be able to see him everyday like in the past at the void deck but I will try to visit him monthly or every 3 weeks.

We visited Bob at another place where I temporarily board Bob there while I'll be away in Beijing. We are worried that he will meow loudly when he is alone in my bedroom and we don't want our upstair neighbour who is working in HDB to complain about us. Poor Bob looked scared in the cage and I let him out for a short while to pet him. I will see him soon on Thurs night and shower him with hugs and kisses.

My life revolves mostly around the cats. Dad thinks it's not good for me to be doing so much for the community cats and little for my personal life. It's a lifestyle and a choice I make. If I don't take care of them with the help of my family, who will do so? No one else will care about their welfare like me and mom. I sterilised them, I have bonded with them. They are like my family too :)

4 comments:

KXBC said...

He's afraid you'll be left on the shelf. :)

But frankly, he is right in a way. You gotta take a break every so often or else you'll find yourself getting bored, listless and a little mad after some time.

Reginmars said...

Hi,
Stumbled on your blog through a fren's fren. Do you have any pet boarding place to recommend?
Gin

coboypb said...

Haha, Kxbc. Dad is worried about me being single but I'm not worried about that. I just want to make sure at the end of the day I spend my limited time and energy on activities, cats and people who are worth it :)

Gin, can you email me at coboypb@care2.com? I don't want to promote any boarding services on my blog as I personally feel that one should visit the place and decide for themselves what's best for them and their cats.

JerL said...

Your love for the cats are really commendable and I will support you all the way. Life really will be meaningful when you're doing something you love and really believe in.