Thursday, August 09, 2007

National Day 2007

Today started with breakfast, newspaper reading and feeding the community cats with Mum. The rest of the day was spent baking and playing with Angel or watching him sleep.

Angel was sleeping in Sis' bedroom next to My Little Pony and her pull buoy.


I baked ginger cookies which my family and some of friends like.


I had plain yogurt mixed with cocoa powder and honey when I was feeling peckish before dinner.


For dinner, I made shepherd pie. Sis gave it a score of 6 out of 10. Instead of the usual minced beef filling, I used the remaining 8 Ikea Swedish meatballs and 2 sausages. I didn't manage to find grated cheddar cheese in the provision shop near my place and got morzarella cheese instead. The pie tastes alright but somehow it has too many flavours.


Dawn has pointed out on her blog on a nice cartoon on today's Straits Times National Day special supplement. It shows a lady feeding cats on National Day evening. That was how my mum and I spent our evening just now after dinner. We are very happy to be able to see our community cats taking their food and resting without any worries.

No comments: